Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dad's Graduation

So, I have a little bit of catching up to do...

Way back in the beginning of July, the 9th to be exact, Aunty Ses (my GodMum), Mum and I flew all the way down to Blenheim to see Dad.

Background, Dad has been away on Initial Officier's Training Course (IOTC) since the beginning of April, so I haven't seen much of him. But the 9th July marks the end of my time away from Dad!

So plane ride down in the morning, not so many drama's. We parked the car in vallet parking, Aunty Ses went down to check us in, while Mum and I sorted the car out. We had Aunty Ses's car, and while Mum was at the check in counter for the car she realised she didn't have the keys. HA!!!! So we run all the way down to the other end of the domestic terminal to get the keys from Aunty Ses and then all the way back to give them to the lady so they could park the car. We then had just enough time to get back to the gate and board the plane... So much for Mum having breakfast, I wasn't worried cos I'd already had mine :)

The plane ride was so boring that I feel asleep, no point in crying, there was no where for me to go and the plane wasn't really big enough for Mum to walk around so I went to sleep instead. Dad left the car parked somewhere on Woodbourne, so when we arrived Aunty Ses went and found the car, Mum had no idea so she stayed with me and the luggage. When Aunty Ses came back, Mum took one look at the car seat and thought it had broken as there was a part missing and it wouldn't sit on the seat properly. Mum managed to use a bit of kiwi Macgyver and sorted the car seat out. She text Dad and Dad told her that he pulled that part off cos it looked wrong. Ha ha ha... at least it was all there and Mum could fix it.

Next stop breakfast for Mum and Aunty Ses, supermarket, a bit of shopping and then back to the welfare house for a sleep and to get ready for Dad's graduation. At 2pm we went back to base and sat down waiting for Dad's graduation to start. He marched out and he was pretty flash, he even had a sword, although I don't know what he was going to fight. During the ceremony, Dad pulled his sword out, I don't know whether he was trying to defend himself or attack, it was all a bit strange. Hadley's Mum Jo was there, I started to get a bit tired, so Jo took me for a walk so Mum could watch Dad. I came back and it was all over humf. Oh well, I was getting grumpy anyway. Aunty Ses took some photos and then we went back to the house to get ready for the evening function.

This is when Mum packed a bit of a sad, Dad wanted to be there right on 6, but I wasn't ready, so Dad went without Mum. Funny thing was there was no one there. Oh well! Dad came back and got Mum and I went into the creche. I pretty much slept the whole time. Mum and Dad came and got me later and we went home. They looked like they had a good time, although it was pretty cold outside, lucky I only had to be carried from the car to the house!

The next day we all went out. We went to Aunty Ses's favourite vineyard, Fromm. And then we went around and about, here and there... We went to this posh place for lunch, but I got bored so I went to sleep. We ended up at Jo and Murray's for afternoon tea. They have a flash house, very warm. I can't remember what we did for dinner. I had a bath and went to bed.

Sometime the next morning I was woken, suddenly there was nothing in the room I was staying in, I got put in the car and away we went... I consequently went back to sleep. It was far to early and dark and cold to get up.

Next thing I know I'm on a boat, but I'll leave that till next time...

Scott xx

PS: photo to come, Mum just has to stop being lazy and put the photos on the laptop so I can put one in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment