Friday, August 13, 2010

Interbase Hockey

Picking up where I left off, I was on this boat, well that's where I think I was. I was asleep in the car one minute and then the next I'm on this thing that has water all around it. Dad called it a boat. We spent about 3 hours or so on the boat. I tell you flying is much easier, 3 hours and your there. I slept for part of the trip, couldn't be bothered watching the water. I think Dad was bored too, cos he slept part of the way too.

On the other side, Wellington I think, Mum and Dad drove on a motorway up to Upper Hutt. Mum said something about seeing the new house for the first time. I have no idea what she was talking about, but we had a look inside a house, it was nice... I've already decided which room is mine, I don't know whether Mum will let me have it, but I'll just sneak my cot into it and then she'll have no choice. Mum and Dad seemed pretty happy with the house, and after having a look around we got into the car again.

I'm getting a bit sick of the car and my car seat... so I decided I would have another sleep, no point in being awake when there is nothing to see.

A little while later we arrived somewhere, Bulls I think. There was no one home, except some cats. Dad said something about Trevor leaving a key for us, so I assume this is Trevor's house. Really nice of him to let us stay. When Trevor got home, the twins were with him. They were cute, but a bit old for me. Cole and Riley were surprised when Mum knew their names, but it was a bit unfair as Mum and Dad had met them when the twins were quite young. We went out of dinner that night, after I had my dinner of course. Just went to the local pub. I decided there was nothing here for me so I went to sleep.

Monday morning came around so fast, probably not for Mum as I'm not sleeping through the night. Too much going on for sleeping, and I'm hungry when I wake up. Trevor went off to Uni and Mum and Dad went shopping in Palmerston North. Dad brought a new back pack and Mum brought some clothes for me and her at Katmandu. We went out to Ed and Karina's for lunch and to catch up with him. Ended up staying later than we thought, but it was good to see them again.

This week is interbase hockey week in Ohakea. Dad is playing for the Woodbourne/Wellington team and Mum is coaching the Auckland girls. Also Uncle Hadley has come down from Auckland to play for the Auckland mens team, so I think this is great! 3 days of games and relaxing. Dad's team drew their first game against Ohakea and then beat Uncle Hadley's team. Mum's girls drew against Ohakea and then had to go to strokes to see who would win. It went to the second round and finally the Auckland girls won. Dad's team came second and poor Uncle Hadley's team came last :( That's two years in a row Uncle Hadley hasn't been on Dad's team and Dad's team has beaten him... Maybe one day he'll learn he can't beat Dad at hockey :)

Thursday was the last day of hockey and prize giving that night. Mum and Dad decided to make the long trek back to Auckland too. Decided it was easier if I was asleep, I think they made the right decision too. Uncle Hadley made it into the Air Force hockey team, I was pretending to be asleep so I gave a bit of a cry when Uncles Hadley's name was called :)

The drive back to Auckland was very uneventful. We got through the desert road without a problem. Grandma B was telling mum later that there was an accident on the desert road that stopped traffic for a couple of hours. Lucky we left when we did. Sometime around 1am on Friday morning we arrived back home. I went back into my cot, home sweet home. Little did I know what was going to happen over the next week!

Next installment, cleaning and packing up the house in Whenuapai

1 comment:

  1. What a great time you had watching your family play hockey wee man! Hope you had a chance to hold a hockey stick yourself. Not long now and Mum and Dad will have you playing.

    Cleaning the house... gosh I think I can still smell the bleach!